Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More Baby Pictures

Here's a few more pictures, now that Baby Shirley has joined the Shorten Crew!



My first cuddle with Shirley - July 22nd
More cuddles!

Brian, Ciara and Rhia - visiting at the hospital - July 22nd

Mommy's home...but who is that with her??

Shirley Lillian - 1st day home, July 24th


Her "dummy" is as big as she is!

Daddy with his girls - Nigel, Rhia and Shirley

Wow...this having a sister business really wears a person out!

Cute story: All weekend long, Harvey and I had been talking about his brand new baby sister, and when she would be coming home, and how to say her name, etc. He met her at the hospital, but I'm not quite sure it clicked that Shirley was going to be his sister "for keeps". When Nigel and Olwyn brought her home, Harvey was in the garden (backyard)...they put her down on the floor in her carseat, and then waited in the hallway. When I called him inside, he came to a skidding halt at the sight..."Lissa...WHAT is THAT?" was his response! It was pretty classic...a story I think Nigel and Olwyn will tell on him for a very long time!

And: I must be getting attached to these little kiddos! I had them on my own for most of the weekend. Nigel's sister-in-law offered to watch Rhia for me on Sunday evening, so that I could get all of the Sunday evening Bible study. Rhia cried when I left her, and then she cried again when I came back for her. Pulled on my heartstrings just a bit! She has just started talking this week..."where's daddy?", "moo", "hi!" and "baby" is where we're at now. I think I'm definitely more excited about this development than she is, although she does seem to be pretty proud of herself!

No comments: